Missouri State Inspection Question?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 84GT350

84GT350
  • Normal
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

If I have a car with damaged air bags will it pass a saftey inspection in mo. ? They were stabbed not discharged.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
84GT350

#2 missouri_guy1973

missouri_guy1973

Droppin Loads!

• Administrators
  • 18965 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:10 PM

Nope, if they came on the car originally, they have to have them in working condition...

#3 bigblocknotch

bigblocknotch
  • Normal
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

Air bags are not inspected during the Missouri motor vehicle safety inspection. Only primary restraints. (seat belts) If someone is failing them due to damage, discharge or SRS light on, Call the missouri highway patrol and they will assist in getting it handled.

#4 missouri_guy1973

missouri_guy1973

Droppin Loads!

• Administrators
  • 18965 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

Air bags are not inspected during the Missouri motor vehicle safety inspection. Only primary restraints. (seat belts) If someone is failing them due to damage, discharge or SRS light on, Call the missouri highway patrol and they will assist in getting it handled.

That's interesting...

I guess you can take the stock steering wheel off then and put a non airbag one on with no issues then?

#5 Mustang Matt

Mustang Matt
  • Normal
  • 3294 posts
  • Interests:BOOST

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

They didn't fail mine for no air bags.

They did however fail it for turndowns. If anyone knows anyone that can "help" me out with a safety inspection send me a PM please.

#6 bigblocknotch

bigblocknotch
  • Normal
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

That's interesting...

I guess you can take the stock steering wheel off then and put a non airbag one on with no issues then?

As far as Missouri State inspection is concerned yes. As long as the horn works. :unsure:

Some States do not require motorcylce riders to wear helmets, but common sense tells us they help save lives.

#7 Ben-no

Ben-no
  • Normal
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

They didn't fail mine for no air bags.

They did however fail it for turndowns. If anyone knows anyone that can "help" me out with a safety inspection send me a PM please.

Shoot me an e-mail and you could bring it up to my shop and I can see what I can do.

#8 84GT350

84GT350
  • Normal
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I had more people asking me if it was required by mo. but I had no idea if it was.
Thanks agian. :cheers:
84GT350

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users