Scat Connecting Rod Install?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vmschumacher

vmschumacher
  • Normal
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:26 AM

Putting together my SCAT rods and KB pistons. There were not any directions worth anything with the rods so this is what I have so far: On each rod there is a serial stamp on one side of the rod and cap line, so I aligned them with the inward alignment of the pistons. The pistons are full floating Hypereutectic Aluminum Kieth Blacks and they are supposed to all align the reliefs towards the middle of the block. So, all of my connecting rod serial stamps are facing the middle of the block. Is this correct? I though that the rods had a specific aligment with the piston.

Also...any easy way to install lock springs? :)
Soon to be for sale: :)

1989 Mustang Gt - currently building a 306 w/ KB pistons, SCAT forged rods w/ ARP bolts, TF Harmonic balancer, TFS-1 cam, comp cam lifters and pushrods, ARP head bolts and main bolts, TF Strip/street heads w/ 1.7 scorpion rockers (brings total lift to .530/.542 respectably?), home ported stock upper/lower intake w/ 1" spacer, home ported stock throttle body, 24lb inj. w/ adj. f/p reg, BBK fender well kit, BBK equal length ceramic shorties w/ Stage 8 bolts, E3 plugs, MSD wires, Accel cap and rotor, MSD blaster coil, autometer vacuum/boost gauge and a/f gauge, rebuilt t-5 w/ hanlon kit, king cobra clutch, MGW shifter w/ black hurst ball, stock 3.08 rear end, and BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe connected to MAC 2.5" cat-back with 3" tips.

2004 GTP Comp G - K&N kit, Corsa Exhaust
2006 Durango Limited - Cold Air Kit
2006 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO

#2 Blackfox

Blackfox

how do they work

• Normal
  • 2387 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Putting together my SCAT rods and KB pistons. There were not any directions worth anything with the rods so this is what I have so far: On each rod there is a serial stamp on one side of the rod and cap line, so I aligned them with the inward alignment of the pistons. The pistons are full floating Hypereutectic Aluminum Kieth Blacks and they are supposed to all align the reliefs towards the middle of the block. So, all of my connecting rod serial stamps are facing the middle of the block. Is this correct? I though that the rods had a specific aligment with the piston.

Also...any easy way to install lock springs? :)

I now you want to set everything so the the chamfered side if the rod is on the outside of a rod pair to match the chamfer on the crank.
Posted Image
Team my shits broke let go drinking

I used to be a dyslexic-agnostic-insomniac but I got tired of lying awake in bed at night wondering if there really was a dog.

#3 vmschumacher

vmschumacher
  • Normal
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

Anyone??? I tried to call scat but they didn't pick up.
Soon to be for sale: :)

1989 Mustang Gt - currently building a 306 w/ KB pistons, SCAT forged rods w/ ARP bolts, TF Harmonic balancer, TFS-1 cam, comp cam lifters and pushrods, ARP head bolts and main bolts, TF Strip/street heads w/ 1.7 scorpion rockers (brings total lift to .530/.542 respectably?), home ported stock upper/lower intake w/ 1" spacer, home ported stock throttle body, 24lb inj. w/ adj. f/p reg, BBK fender well kit, BBK equal length ceramic shorties w/ Stage 8 bolts, E3 plugs, MSD wires, Accel cap and rotor, MSD blaster coil, autometer vacuum/boost gauge and a/f gauge, rebuilt t-5 w/ hanlon kit, king cobra clutch, MGW shifter w/ black hurst ball, stock 3.08 rear end, and BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe connected to MAC 2.5" cat-back with 3" tips.

2004 GTP Comp G - K&N kit, Corsa Exhaust
2006 Durango Limited - Cold Air Kit
2006 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users