Photo

What happened to wise speed shop?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 4turboho

4turboho
  • Normal
  • 2917 posts
  • Interests:If It Ain't Broke Modify It....But It's Broke!!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Their gone and their number has been disconnected. Anyone know where they went?

SHINE TIME FULL MOBILE AUTO DETAIL & Oil Change(Home, Office or Anywhere) 314-329-5052
SPRING SPECIALS!!!!

Refer 5 friends at your work for any package and get a free Exterior wash and spray wax when we come there to clean your co-workers cars!

Full inside & out starts @ $165!!

FULL EXTERIOR DETAIL NOW STARTS @ $99.99!!!

Dropped pricing on almost every package  by 20-25%! 

Shine Time Website

IMG_20110130_154432-1-2.jpg

#2 blksnake

blksnake
  • Normal
  • 5173 posts
  • Interests:Cars, the usual

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

out of business and I believe there were some lawsuits pending against them for ripping people off on motor builds.

Edited by blksnake, 12 November 2010 - 03:53 PM.

A6.jpg
1996 Black Cobra Vert. 4.10's , exhaust, 23xxx miles. SOLD

1995 Snow White/White Pearl Metallic Ghost Flamed Gt SOLD 

#3 4turboho

4turboho
  • Normal
  • 2917 posts
  • Interests:If It Ain't Broke Modify It....But It's Broke!!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

HAHA No way! I've heard for years people don't like them! I almost had them do the heads on my 390 but went with G&M. I've never had problems with them myself.

SHINE TIME FULL MOBILE AUTO DETAIL & Oil Change(Home, Office or Anywhere) 314-329-5052
SPRING SPECIALS!!!!

Refer 5 friends at your work for any package and get a free Exterior wash and spray wax when we come there to clean your co-workers cars!

Full inside & out starts @ $165!!

FULL EXTERIOR DETAIL NOW STARTS @ $99.99!!!

Dropped pricing on almost every package  by 20-25%! 

Shine Time Website

IMG_20110130_154432-1-2.jpg

#4 badazfiveo

badazfiveo
  • Normal
  • 2033 posts
  • Interests:Racing the cobra

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

ya i seen tyler that used to work there at the track and about a month ago he told me that they laid him off or something

1997 Cobra
Built 4.6 dohc

Procharged and intercooled 14psi
Performance Automatic C4 rev manual w/brake
Ultimate Coverter Concepts converter
31spline axles with detroit locker and 4.11's
UPR K-member with coilovers
UPR chromoly adj arms, Ford B springs
Griffin Racecraft Anti-Roll Bar and 8point roll bar
Bobcat tuned

STLM stang of the month May 2013

2013 Mod Muscle 10th in points

"Sometimes your greatest failures, are followed by your greatest sucess."

NMRA Modular Muscle #10

#5 arizonamustangman

arizonamustangman
  • Normal
  • 1106 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

out of business and I believe there were some lawsuits pending against them for ripping people off on motor builds.

Thats pretty funny. i always went in their with a good attitude seeking friendly advice or looking to buy a particular speed part only to receive VERY bad attitudes from the employees. I think it comes with the territory with speed shops, because I remember the wise speed shop type place in Tucson Arizona was full of A-holes too (Don's hot rod shop.) I guess on the application you have to be a jerk?

Edited by arizonamustangman, 12 November 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#6 disgustang 89

disgustang 89

ottomotiv jeenius

• Normal
  • 2328 posts
  • Interests:gasoline

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

Years ago I showed up 5min before closing time with cash in hand to buy a rebuilt turbo 350 trans. They told me tuff shit come back tomorrow. Needless to say I didn't. $6 a pound for nitrous. Way back when a friend bought a rebuilt 383 and they left a pipe plug out of one of the oil passages and it blew up instantly. That being said, It was probably more on a count of jegs and summit.
5.0 H.O. cam only

100_0438-1.jpg

#7 87lxstang

87lxstang
  • Normal
  • 1455 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Travel, Laughing.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

I frequent Performance Parts Plus... Descent attitudes, and they actually stock some Ford parts!

1987 lx hatch... RIP 5/9/2010

2004 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG - Pulleyed, Tuned

577467_919436734584_926649420_n.jpg

#8 runn82

runn82
  • Normal
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

I also go to performance parts plus they will always help you out getting the right stuff and will even work with the prices a little sometimes and like said above they stock Ford parts and know Ford's I never had any luck at wise

82 mustang with fordstrokers 347, jay allen cam, afr 205 heads, tmoss victor jr intake, prosystems 780 carb, 1-3/4 accufab longtubes into 3 inch ultraflo dumped

2011 Mustang gt 5.0 Kona Blue w/ flat black strips,SHR Flush louvers, California speacial front end, brembo package, 6 speed manual, 3.73 gears ,shaker 1000 , flowmaster american thunder, Eibach lowering springs, JLT cold air/ bama tune  

BrandonsSignature.png

#9 HRS PLY

HRS PLY
  • Board Moderators
  • 5523 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

they went under due to everything listed above. Chevy shop, bad attitudes,mail order and the economy being in the dump. There are alot of vacant buildings if you really pay attention when you drive around. If your not a lean, well oiled machine times like these will close you down. :hi:
Posted Image

#10 1badass91stang

1badass91stang

Im not a killer, but don't push me

• Board Moderators
  • 4895 posts
  • Interests:Boobies

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

they went under due to everything listed above. Chevy shop, bad attitudes,mail order and the economy being in the dump. There are alot of vacant buildings if you really pay attention when you drive around. If your not a lean, well oiled machine times like these will close you down. :hi:

yes yes and yes..lack of knowledge except chevy parts, lack of parts except chevy and imports = BY BY WISE..we can order it is all the ever would say..i took a summit book in one time and said...so can I :laugh2:

LOL we all seen it coming

a friend and I went in one day and asked for a 7 qrt oil pan for a sbf , the guy said " we don't have any" as we we're we noticed a 7 qrt sbf oilpan on the self..so we walk over with it and he rolled his eyes..:chairshot:

Thats one story outa 20 i have about that ford hatin place..

poor Chevy guys are the true victims here...do i see a candle light vigil in the near future for the death of wise speed shop..:rotflmao:

on a side note, Tyler and nick tried to get them into fords..Im surprised they didn't get linched for it..

RIP wise ......won't be missed or loved by ford guys...:fyou:

i guess the counter dorks (except tyler) are going to like going from a chevy speed shop to the zone..:laugh2:
Posted Image

E-mail blown91stang50@yahoo.com
So you can email me directly

#11 1999P71

1999P71

Non-Mustang Driver

• Normal
  • 3408 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

i noticed they looked surprisingly empty the other day when i drove by. i was going to post the same question later today
2005 Lincoln LS
3.9L V8

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

#12 Mustang Matt

Mustang Matt
  • Normal
  • 3297 posts
  • Interests:BOOST

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

I bought my first AOD shift kit from them back in 98.

#13 Blown 331

Blown 331

Special Agent

• Members
  • 6071 posts
  • Interests:Going to loser bars. Record for 1 night=21

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

Wow. I hadn't been there in years anyway. I was actually thinking about stopping by recently to pick something up. Really the only things I've ever bought there were universal items such as nitrous, gauges, -an fittings, Holley carb, tires, etc. I think I did buy a Ford oil fill cap one time, probably the only Ford specific part I ever bought there.
Just your average Supercharged, pushrod 5.4L? 6-speed 92 GT.
Viper T-56 gone, AOD in. Posted Image

The more we look like losers the better off we're gonna be.

Posted Image

#14 Christian Cobra

Christian Cobra

DIGITS 314 608 3344

• Normal
  • 1412 posts
  • Interests:FIRST AND FORMOST, I GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY! HE GAVE ME EVERYTHING GOOD I HAVE AND AM !!! I'm a ASE certified master tech, 19 years exp, a B.S. degree from Central Mo State Univ. and alumni of Sigma Pi Fraternity. Love to work on cars( get paid to do my hobby!) like all kinds of music ,huge nascar fan,nhra is cool to, like car cruises, pretty much like all kinds of things.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

yes yes and yes..lack of knowledge except chevy parts, lack of parts except chevy and imports = BY BY WISE..we can order it is all the ever would say..i took a summit book in one time and said...so can I :laugh2:

LOL we all seen it coming

a friend and I went in one day and asked for a 7 qrt oil pan for a sbf , the guy said " we don't have any" as we we're we noticed a 7 qrt sbf oilpan on the self..so we walk over with it and he rolled his eyes..:chairshot:

Thats one story outa 20 i have about that ford hatin place..

poor Chevy guys are the true victims here...do i see a candle light vigil in the near future for the death of wise speed shop..:rotflmao:

on a side note, Tyler and nick tried to get them into fords..Im surprised they didn't get linched for it..

RIP wise ......won't be missed or loved by ford guys...:fyou:

i guess the counter dorks (except tyler) are going to like going from a chevy speed shop to the zone..:laugh2:

I agree, I only went there a few times over the years and always thought they were arrogant asses :chairshot: (cept tyler). I'd rather go to Matt Johnson's or SCP. Hell I worked at Supershops for a year back around 98' and our guys were cool, but Supershops , as a corporation, didnt have a clue about the market in St Louis being so Ford oriented :shrug: . They just wanted all their shops to be cookie cutter places. We sold the some of the same BS as Auto Zone and the then Parts America (Advance Auto) It was kind of a joke as a speed shop, but could have been a serious competitor if they would have done their homework. Our famous line for ford parts was the same as Wise " we don't have it but we can get it....." :pissed: I really hated saying that .....
The member formerly known as tbirdracecar

Posted Image

Future faith based car/truck/bike online club, this is just till things get up and running......
Gearheads4God check it out

#15 Untamed1

Untamed1

who knows

• Normal
  • 2356 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

They moved to st Charles
untamed perfomance

#16 HRS PLY

HRS PLY
  • Board Moderators
  • 5523 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

really.... with no call fowarding??? no sighs on the windows letting customers know?

:laugh2: :laugh2:
Posted Image

#17 Starrman

Starrman

Bite Me

• Members
  • 11146 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

They moved to st Charles

...and changed their name to Bier Bros

Posted Image

#18 95fiveOh

95fiveOh
  • Normal
  • 2578 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

I only bought a few things there over the years and don't have any bad stories really but it sucks to see an old name in racing die like that. Even if you didn't like them you have to admit they helped feed the hobby and racing in the St. Louis area for a long time before the Internet was on everyones phones.

#19 jkoogler

jkoogler
  • Administrators
  • 7207 posts
  • Interests:cars, racing , working out

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

lol we all have the same stories. I really wish super shops would have made it.

#20 GTO

GTO
  • Newbies
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Jeese James was wearing a Wise speed shop t-shirt on his show this week, also watched an old Guns n Roses concert video on youtube and noticed the drummer wearing a Doc's Harley Davidson t-shirt. Was stationed in California from 76-80 and used to go to Super Shops, they gave away a top fuel altered and they constantly ran a radio ad that had Holley 600 carburetors for $39.95.
"A famous quotation is merely one man's opinion and shouldn't be treated as fact." - Me, 2010

#21 Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

• Normal
  • 5852 posts
  • Interests:Cars/motorcycles/beer

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Bought a set of sb 400 headers for a 72 Monte Carlo from them. They treated me ok but never heard much good out of them. That was in 89 tho.

08 Tahoe LTZ

2012 Aqua Patio 25' Tri-toon with a 200 optimax- PARTY ride:)
2004 Harley Screamin Eagle Deuce

USAF Veteran- STEVE

VettteSig_zps7b5d8d8b.jpg

#22 2.3svonightmare

2.3svonightmare
  • Normal
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I knew they were in trouble when Jessie I wanna be the real James was wearing their shirt on a show. He has a way of making shit emplode, Just ask his last 2 wifes and the crew at Orange County, since hes been on the show now their cancelled also. Well time moves on Cheers all!:baaa:

#23 Blown 331

Blown 331

Special Agent

• Members
  • 6071 posts
  • Interests:Going to loser bars. Record for 1 night=21

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Two years already, wow.
Just your average Supercharged, pushrod 5.4L? 6-speed 92 GT.
Viper T-56 gone, AOD in. Posted Image

The more we look like losers the better off we're gonna be.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users