Kenne bell supercharged

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bad95GT

Bad95GT
  • Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

Ok so I bought my car and after about 20 miles of driving blew a head gasket the car was virtually stock except the 2.1 kenne bell and 42 lb injectors, shorty headers, pushing 12 lbs boost. Had the heads ported and polished on the flow bench should be flowing about the same as cheap aluminum heads now the car is going back with a magnum comp cam 270hr camshaft, MLS head gasket and ARP head studs. My real question is the stock lower intake manifold is restrictive is there any other aftermarket manifolds out that would fit the kenne bell or I'm I stuck with the stock lower most aftermarket lowers have square ports at the top of the pendulum instead of round or oval ports

#2 BobCat

BobCat

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9844 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:47 AM

I assume you are talking about a 95 GT stock block and if so the MLS head gaskets will not work well at all due to flex.   Also there are no intake options other than having the stock lower ported.  That vehicle is going to be very prone to detonation so fuel selection is very crucial to make it keep it happy.  Also I would reconsider your camshaft selection with a positive displacement blower and stock heads unless you are trying to bleed off cylinder pressure down low to fight detonation.

Posted Image

#3 Bad95GT

Bad95GT
  • Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:55 AM

No not trying to bleed off cylinder pressure that's what KB recommend or a 266hr cam I think the MLS head gaskets came recommended by an well known engine builder in our area but I was going to have you tune the car as I understand your the best I live in Versailles MO

#4 Bad95GT

Bad95GT
  • Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

Maybe I got some bad info makes me a little nervous now

#5 kev92gt

kev92gt
  • Normal
  • 4838 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:06 PM

I realize your new but bobcat is the man in these parts. Take his advice and or take it to his shop.

#6 Bad95GT

Bad95GT
  • Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Yeah the car is going to be tuned at his shop talked to him today on the phone

#7 95TurboCobra

95TurboCobra
  • Normal
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

Had this same problem on my 95 cobra and it was ARP studded with cometic gaskets. Blew head gaskets MANY times. Bob said it was flexing in between the the studs bc the deck was too thin. Mine was turbo during all this but still had same problem. Ended switching to fel pro 9333 pt1 gasket and lowering the boost to 7psi and all was fine. I've since had a new motor built and ditched the turbo and went vortech v3 si trim and AFR heads. I actually had a Kenne bell ordered and canceled it bc after I researched I found out they produce so much heat that methanol is almost a must. I would try to find some stronger heads and go methanol or at least E85 to help keep it cool. Bob was a huge help during all my problems.

'95 Black Cobra Coupe

306ci, Vortech sold, B&G is currently building a turbo kit, Steeda 19 cam, AFR185 heads,TMoss Ported GT40 Lower, 60lb injectors, UPR (K member, Control arms, coil overs), TKO600 tranny. Tuned by Bobcat

'14 F-150 5.0 SCREW 4x4

'06 GT (sold)

'92 LX Coupe 5.0 (sold)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users