Ear Protection For Nhra

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Blown2003

Blown2003
  • Normal
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:52 PM

So, when I've been at the NHRA's in the past (without our kids) I've seen other people's kids wearing full over-the-ear protectors. They look like headphones without the cord. Or they look like the NASCAR headphone scanners, but they're ear protection instead.

We haven't been to NHRA for years and we'd like to go this year and take kids. But, they gotta have good ear protection for their safety and so it doesn't scare them. (they are 2 & 5)

Does anybody know where I can get some really good ear protection like this for the kids?

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance!!!
:cheers:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Fake Snake

Fake Snake
  • Normal
  • 2982 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

So, when I've been at the NHRA's in the past (without our kids) I've seen other people's kids wearing full over-the-ear protectors. They look like headphones without the cord. Or they look like the NASCAR headphone scanners, but they're ear protection instead.

We haven't been to NHRA for years and we'd like to go this year and take kids. But, they gotta have good ear protection for their safety and so it doesn't scare them. (they are 2 & 5)

Does anybody know where I can get some really good ear protection like this for the kids?

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance!!!

$18 at Home Depot:
http://www.homedepot...dgll.0&MID=9876

#3 Blown2003

Blown2003
  • Normal
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

$18 at Home Depot:
http://www.homedepot...dgll.0&MID=9876

Thanks, Fake Snake.

Those will work, thanks!!! They look different than the one's I've seen on kids out there; not as flashy (if they're cool looking it'll be easier to keep the kids wearing them).

Anybody know other place to get them just so I can comparison shop?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Fake Snake

Fake Snake
  • Normal
  • 2982 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

Also, kid-sized muffs:

http://store.yahoo.c...e/ejuearmu.html

#5 BigSarge88lx

BigSarge88lx
  • Members
  • 4517 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:22 PM

Any gun shop. Or in the area of bigger stores that sell guns (wal-mart) Then let the kids put whatever stickers they want on em.
"As for my sword and spear, we will serve the throne, but never that man that sits upon it."Posted Image

#6 Junk94

Junk94

Horsepower is like SEX you never get enough

• Normal
  • 2200 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

Actually ear plugs have a better NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) then the muffs.

Hearing protection is a big thing where I work at, a couple of the guys asked about the muffs so I looked into them. Most muffs will only have a NRR of 18--25, as to where ear plugs can range from 27-35. To get a practical NRR usually take 7 off. Anything over 85dB will leave a ringing in the ears.
1994 Mustang
2002 F-250

Posted Image

So, tonight I am going to do exactly what I want. Again. As usual. Tonight I am going to the gym, and then going into my garage to work with my hot pink mitre saw, cut some flaming homosexual 2x4s, add a faggoty shelf underneath my workbench to hold my salad tossing Saleen's engine parts.

#7 dr103

dr103
  • Normal
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:04 PM

Actually ear plugs have a better NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) then the muffs.

Hearing protection is a big thing where I work at, a couple of the guys asked about the muffs so I looked into them. Most muffs will only have a NRR of 18--25, as to where ear plugs can range from 27-35. To get a practical NRR usually take 7 off. Anything over 85dB will leave a ringing in the ears.

i use to go when i was 13 and 14 and i always had the mickey mouse ears (ear muffs) they worked great
looking for a 350z

#8 Blown2003

Blown2003
  • Normal
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:39 AM

Thanks all. I appreciate the advice!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 SALEEN297

SALEEN297

MASTER OF ALL OWNAGE! Don't forget it!

• Normal
  • 1192 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

Thanks, Fake Snake.

Those will work, thanks!!! They look different than the one's I've seen on kids out there; not as flashy (if they're cool looking it'll be easier to keep the kids wearing them).

Anybody know other place to get them just so I can comparison shop?

I know this sounds funny but I bought some pretty good ones at the dollar store off of Chippewa and River Des Peres Road next to the grocery store. I bought five pairs of them so that my friends would have some. They worked out great.

Edited by SALEEN297, 13 April 2006 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image
MY RIDES
88 SALEEN #297
02 TL1000R
07 ALTIMA
95 F250
2010 Escape Limited
84 CHEVY TRUCK

#10 1999P71

1999P71

Non-Mustang Driver

• Normal
  • 3408 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:42 PM

dont shop at home depot they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saleen297 knows what im talkin about
2005 Lincoln LS
3.9L V8

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users